Carvel Ice Cream lives - in Malden! The venerable ice cream chain combines babyboomer nostalgia (remember Cookie Puss and Fudgie the Whale?) with a modern twist. Gluten-free, nut free and Kosher ice cream varieties are all available to suit modern dietary needs. Manager/owner Deborah Pham asserts that everything is made on the premises, including the ice cream novelties. Outdoor seating is available, or you can eat in to avoid premature melting. Parking is free and easy in the adjoining lot. Wednesdays are for sundaes; namely two for the price of one at this location. Ms. Pham has been managing the Malden Carvel for 7 of its 30 years. It's fun for kids or as a group outing and cash or "anything with a Mastercard or Visa logo is accepted".
- Hours: Mon.-Sat. 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. Sun. 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Payments accepted: Cash, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: ice cream, ice cream novelties
- Food & dining options: Gluten-free, Kosher
- General services: Eat-in, Phone orders, Prepared foods, Take-out
- Specialties: ice cream cakes BOGO free Sundaes on Wednesdays
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- Cuisine: Dessert / Ice Cream
- Features: Group-friendly, Outdoor seating
- Atmosphere: Fun
- Dress code: casual
- Firewood: No