The following was submitted by the mayor's office:
On Thanksgiving Day, November 22, 2012 at 10:00 AM the Malden Golden Tornadoes will host the Medford Mustangs at Malden’s newly refurbished Macdonald Stadium for the 125th game between the two schools.
The rivalry has been the longest continuous Thanksgiving Day competition in the history of our country!
AND….for the first time ever – the Thanksgiving Day Game can be viewed LIVE by logging onto the City website at www.cityofmalden.org. The following are some of the events planned leading up to this special game:
- Get your Game merchandise! Commemorative shirts and sweatshirts will be sold at the game or by contacting Maryann Finn at email@example.com.
- Collectable commemorative tickets will be issued! They will cost $5 for Students, $7 for Adults and will be available at the Malden High School Athletic office or at Macdonald Stadium on game day.
- The Golden Tornadoes will host a reception for all former coaches, captains and players from Malden and Medford on Sunday, November 18th at Fizz Ed’z, 142 Pleasant Street at 6:00 PM.
Game Day Schedule:
- 9:30 AM - Dedication of the Domenic Fermano Field House
- Immediately following - Senior player introductions and introductions of former Malden/Medford Alumni.
- 10:00 AM - Kickoff!
- Half-Time - Eastern Mass Champions Malden Varsity Softball Team will receive their rings.