13 Malden businesses were issued $100 fines for selling cigarettes to minors during a compliance check conducted by the Mystic Valley Tobacco Alcohol Program this year.
The following businesses reportedly sold tobacco to children under 18, according to a release provided by City Hall:
- Elmwood Pharmacy, 299 Pleasant St.
- Kappy’s, 77 Commercial St.
- Lyons Liquors, 188 Ferry St.
- Malden & Melrose Liquors, 619 Broadway
- Oak Grove Variety, 9A Grove St.
- Quarry Stone Convenience, 10 Overlook Ridge Dr.
- Ricci Liquor Mart, 834 Main St.
- Robinson’s, 1556 Eastern Ave.
- Salem Market, 375 Salem St.
- Stop & Shop, 99 Charles St.
- Store 33, 33 Pleasant St.
- Summer St. Fruit, 72 Summer St.
- Vernon Liquors, 673 Eastern Ave.
“I would like to see our businesses doing all they can to discourage young people from smoking,” Mayor Gary Christenson said in the statement.