ResiStat community meetings are taking place this fall, and they begin Oct. 18 with a meeting in Ward 7.
Below is the announcement from the city of Somerville:
RESISTAT COMMUNNITY MEETINGS SCHEDULED OCT. 18th to DEC. 5th WITH MAYOR, ALDERMEN
Residents Encouraged to Take Online Survey to Help Shape Meeting Agendas
SOMERVILLE - Mayor Joseph A. Curtatone and the Board of Aldermen invite residents to the Fall 2012 ResiStat Community Meetings, a twice-yearly effort to share the latest City news and data directly with residents and gather their feedback.
Seven neighborhood meetings, one in each ward, will be held in the coming weeks, beginning on Thursday, Oct. 18th with the Ward 7 - West Somerville and Teele Square Meeting. Mayor Curtatone, ward and at-large aldermen, members of the Somerville Police Department and City staff will discuss ward-based and citywide issues, and answer questions from residents. Topics will range from crime and safety reports, rodent control, and neighborhood improvements such as road, park, and library projects to a look at citywide initiatives including Green Line station area planning, a new sidewalk and road repair master plan, bicycle safety and enforcement, the Community Preservation Act, and a word from the Mayor on how the City is using data to drive down costs and improve services. Refreshments will be served at a meet-and-greet before each meeting, where residents can talk with City officials and their neighbors.
All are invited to help shape the meeting agendas by taking a meeting survey to propose topics for discussion. The survey is online at:http://somervilleresistat.blogspot.com/p/meetings.html, or by calling ResiStat Coordinator, Denise Taylor at 617-625-6600 x2103.
Each meeting will run from 7 to 8:30 p.m. and will be preceded by a meet-and-greet with refreshments from 6:30 to 7 p.m., as follows:
- Ward 7 (West Somerville, Teele Square): Thursday, October 17thTufts Administration Building, 167 Holland St.
- Ward 3 (Union Square North, Prospect Hill, Spring Hill, Central Hill): Wednesday, Oct. 24th, Somerville High School atrium, 81 Highland Ave.
- Ward 2 (Union Square South, Somerville Ave., Beacon St., Lincoln Park and Perry Park neighborhood): Thursday, Nov. 1st, Argenziano School cafeteria, 290 Washington St.
- Ward 5 (Magoun Square, NE Ball Square, Cedar St., Lowell St., NW Porter Square): Wednesday, Nov. 14th, VNA Community Room, 259 Lowell St.
- Ward 6 (Davis Square, SW Ball Square): Thursday, Nov. 15th,Somerville Community Baptist Church, 31 College Ave. Note: Parking will be allowed in church parking lot on Morrison Ave.
- Ward 1 (East Somerville, Assembly Square, Inner Belt): Tuesday, Dec. 4th, Cross St. Center, 165 Broadway
- Ward 4 (Winter Hill, Ten Hills, Mystic River, Mystic View): Wednesday, Dec. 5th, Healy School, cafeteria, 5 Meacham St.
For more information, visit http://somervilleresistat.blogspot.com and click the "Meetings" tab. Or contact Denise Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-625-6600 x 2103