Several locations in the Malden area are perfect winter wonderlands. However, you'll need to bring your own sledding equipment to these six popular sledding destinations:
- , Off Fellsway East, Malden: Accessible on the Fellsway East, this area near Fellsmere Park is an old favorite with people from the area for sledding and snow tubing.
- , on Highland Avenue, Malden: A nice small hill for the really little ones.
- , 2 North St., Stoneham: Bear Hill, which is a nine-hole golf course during the warm weather months, is a great local sledding option during the winter.
- , 100 Slayton Road, Melrose: Mount Hood is routinely voted one of the best sledding areas in Massachusetts.
- Sheepfold Area of Middlesex Fells, Off Route 28 in Stoneham: Sheepfold is best known as a local dog-friendly park but its fields and hills offer some great terrain to sled on.
- , 101 Montvale Ave., Stoneham: Stoneham Oaks is a hilly nine-hole par three golf course offering some challenging sledding options. The area is wooded, so caution should be exercised.