Boston Magazine recently selected Somerville's Union Square Donuts’ Popcorn Donut as one of the six best new doughnuts in the area.
The article, “Boston Is Having a Full-Blown Doughnut Moment,” also highlights:
- Island Creek Oyster Bar’s Brown Butter Bacton Donut, Boston
- Sofra Bakery’s Tahini-Brown Butter Donut, Cambridge
- The Gallows’ Braided Donut, Boston
- Stacked Donuts’ Cherry Coke Donut, Cambridge
- Steel & Rye’s Warm Apple Caramel Donut, Milton
In February, Zagat picked Union Square Donuts’ Boston Cream Pie doughnut to represent Massachusetts in its “50 States, 50 Donuts” post.
Union Square Donuts, at 16 Bow St., is open Thursday-Friday 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. It's been open for just over a year.