1. Election day: Residents of Wards 1, 3 and 8 will be voting during the city's preliminary election on Tuesday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. The preliminary election helps to narrow the field for each race to two candidates.
2. Healthy eats: The Malden Farmers Market is scheduled for 3-6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 17 at City Hall Plaza, 200 Pleasant St., according to the Malden Chamber of Commerce website.
3. Library program: Here is a look at the program slated for Tuesday at Malden Public Library, according to the library website:
- 10:30-11:15 a.m.: Song & Rhyme Time, Children's Room
8:15 a.m.: Advanced balance and strength
9 a.m.: Blood pressure
9:30 a.m.: Chinese chorus
9:30 a.m.: Four-week computer class
9:30 a.m.: Line dance
11 a.m.: Book club
11 a.m.: Chinese line dance
12:30 p.m.: Beginners Tai Chi
1 p.m.: English reading/writing
1 p.m.: Tai Chi
1:30 p.m.: Four-week computer class
2 p.m.: Texas Hold 'em
2 p.m.: Games
2:30 p.m.: Ballroom dancing with Chinese music
4 p.m. Haitian outreach and ESL
5:30 p.m.: Singles life
6 p.m.: “Let Your Yoga Dance®”
5. Looking for work? Check out these 10 Malden-area jobs.