MALDEN STORM CENTER: No Trash Monday
Important phone numbers and other information as workers continue to dig out the city. Mayor Gary Christenson says "a full clean-up" will be a "multi-day operation."
Let us know what's happening in your neighborhood. Leave a comment below telling us about how the storm has hit your neighborhood, or email email@example.com.
The latest (Updated Sunday):
- IMPORTANT: Those parking in city lots must remove their cars between 5-7 a.m. Monday morning or face being towed.
- MBTA resumes in limited capacity today.
- Malden Public Schools and Cheverus School will be closed Monday.
- Mystic Valley Regional Charter School will be OPEN.
- Monday's trash collection will be delayed one day and resume a normal schedule Tuesday (i.e. Monday and Tuesday's trash will be collected Tuesday, Wednesday's trash will be collected Wednesday, and so on).
- Just over two feet of snow fell on Malden, with varying levels throughout the city due to drifting.
- The Malden Stop & Shop will hold extended hours Thursday night, until midnight, and re-open Friday morning at 6 a.m.
City Snow Emergency: Updated: 7:30pm
- The city's snow emergency will begin at noon Friday - no parking is permitted on any 'emergency roads.' The city is offering alternative parking at: The Early Learning Center, Beebe, Forestdale, Ferryway, Linden and Salemwood Schools and the CBD Garage at 170 Center St.
State of Emergency:
- Vehicular ban lifted as of 4 p.m. Saturday.
Cancellations and Closings: School expected to be open Monday
- MBTA remains closed Saturday.
Trash and Recycling Pickup:
- Delayed one day; UPDATED: Monday & Tuesday trash will be collected on Tuesday, and then resume a regular schedule.
In case of emergency:
- Police/ Fire Emergencies: 911
- Non-Emergency Police : 781-397-7171
- Non-Emergency Fire : 781-397-7383
- National Grid power outages : (800) 465-1212
- National Grid gas emergencies: (800) 233-5325
- Comcast : (800) 266-2278
- Verizon : (800) 837-4966 (VERIZON)
List of cab companies:
- Taxi Time: (781) 662-0300
- Malden Taxi: (781) 322-5050 and (781) 324-5050
- Malden Cab Company: (781) 322-5050
- Oak Grove Cab: (781) 665-5050
- Stoneham Taxi: (781) 279-2828
- Tan Taxi: (781) 395-6666
List of tow companies:
- Andy's Service Center: (781) 324-7505
- Culleton Brothers: (781) 322-4665
- Stephen's Autobody (Melrose): 781-665-7828
- Kearney's Towing (Stoneham): (781) 438-8484
- Stoneham Towing Inc.: (781) 438-3500
- Phil Howe's Towing (Wakefield): (781) 245-2468
- Advanced Auto Transport (Wakefield): (781) 246-5831