Six Great Sledding Destinations in the Malden Area
Now is the time to take advantage of these sledding hot spots.
Several locations in the Malden area are perfect winter wonderlands. However, you'll need to bring your own sledding equipment to these six popular sledding destinations:
- Fellsmere Pond, Off Fellsway East, Malden: Accessible on the Fellsway East, "Seven Bumps"near Fellsmere Park is an old favorite with people from the area for sledding and snow tubing.
- Amerige Park, on Highland Avenue, Malden: A nice small hill for the really little ones.
- Bear Hill Golf Course, 2 North St., Stoneham: Bear Hill, which is a nine-hole golf course during the warm weather months, is a great local sledding option during the winter.
- Mount Hood Golf Course, 100 Slayton Road, Melrose: Mount Hood is routinely voted one of the best sledding areas in Massachusetts.
- Sheepfold Area of Middlesex Fells, Off Route 28 in Stoneham: Sheepfold is best known as a local dog-friendly park but its fields and hills offer some great terrain to sled on.
- Stoneham Oaks Golf Course, 101 Montvale Ave., Stoneham: Stoneham Oaks is a hilly nine-hole par three golf course offering some challenging sledding options. The area is wooded, so caution should be exercised.